Looking to join the world’s largest Healthcare IT company in the world? Are you a System Engineer who has a passion for support and development? CernerWorks, is currently hiring for a System Engineer on their Technology Improvement team.
In this role you will have the opportunity to not only support two critical Cerner applications, but also use your development skills for creating and customizing our current applications.
As a Systems Engineer with Cerner, you will provide system implementation, support, monitoring and maintenance of Cerner’s solutions and services. You will work with operations and software development teams on the management, monitoring and tuning of WebSphere and Apache Tomcat.
Lastly, you will implement monitoring for applications and servers, respond to alarms in a timely manner, and work with solution owners to prevent client impact and performance degradation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or related Technology field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience with Java based applications
- Experience or knowledge of Apache Tomcat and/or WebSphere
- Experience or knowledge of Windows and/or Linux based operating systems
- Experience or knowledge of Splunk and/or Elastic Stack
- Experience or knowledge of Chef and/or Puppet
- Python or Powershell Scriptingexperience
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs., i.e. server, network equipment
- Willing to travel up to 20% as needed
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform otherresponsibilities as assigned.