The Missiles and Weapons Systems (MWS) organization is dynamic and growing with a leadership team focused on attracting and developing top talent in support of critical missions for National Defense and Strategic Deterrence. Connected to our customers' missions, we deliver unique capability through our exceptional talent.
The programs that we support in Huntsville, Alabama include Ground-based Midcourse Defense, Next Gen Interceptor, precision-guided munitions, and Integrated Air & Missile Defense products (PAC-3, Avenger, ABMD); Missile Defense Agency National Team, and Strategic Deterrence Systems (which includes Minuteman ICBM support and guidance system repair).
Position Responsibilities May Include:
- Assist in evaluation of systems under various scenarios and architectures to determine and/or optimize overall system mission performance in a framework giving insight into performance
- Assist in performing analysis to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture to solve complex missile defense problems.
- Assist in developing and maintaining analysis tools of varied fidelity including modeling and simulation tools to predict performance against evolving threats of current and future missile defense systems
- Assist in performing systems analyses of the existing system architecture in conjunction with new technologies and concepts for improvements to be considered for future architectures
- Assist in developing, refining and documenting key algorithm capabilities to support various DoD customers
- Assist in conducting analysis of multiple targets discrimination for survivability, vulnerability, and susceptibility into a preferred configuration to ensure mission success
- You will receive general direction and be expected to independently.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum technical bachelor's degree
- 1+ years experience in Systems Engineering processes and procedures
- Individual must be capable of working both independently and in a team environment
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Systems analysis experience
- Experience modeling or simulating complex systems
- Experience with modeling and simulation development in Matlab
- Experience with AFSIM, 6-DOF Modeling
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
- Understanding of statistical analysis, distributions, and sampling.