Serves as the system engineer for identified Jeppesen Technology Services' software development projects. Develops system requirements specifications, assesses alternatives to system needs, validates software development artifacts, interfaces with customers and system stakeholders. Typically fulfills the role as a lead system engineer on complex software projects.
- Determines, documents, and manages system requirements specifications.
- Plans, prioritizes, and leads system analysis activities.
- Analyzes and documents solutions and alternatives to system needs, including input to request for proposals (RFP), application consulting, and troubleshooting for customers.
- Validates system design, architecture, and code fulfill system expectations from a customer perspective.
- Adheres to and further develop the Jeppesen Unified Process.
- Provides knowledge support for other system engineers in the organization.
Technical degree in a related field of study and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Applies extensive job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts. Has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Recognized as a job expert within the department/organization.
- Provides technical solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed for desired results from a relatively long-term perspective.
- Guides the successful completion of aspects of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations may result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Job ID 647