The System Director, Provider Recruitment is charged with the development and oversite of a comprehensive provider recruitment program for Covenant Health. The System Director will be responsible for all department activities related to the sourcing, screening and hiring of providers, as well as related succession planning, onboarding and retention. In addition this position will collaborate with Marketing and Strategy to develop and implement a marketing and sales plan to maintain and grow and referrals from providers and/or physician practices to Covenant Health programs. Works with Covenant Health leadership to ensure smooth transitions for candidates and participates in strategic provider recruitment and retention discussions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintains a comprehensive workforce plan to meet the provider recruitment needs of the organization.
· Identifies and implements process improvements to enhance and improve overall efficiency of the provider recruitment process.
· Establishes sourcing strategies and best practices to identify, build and continuously replenish a pipeline of diverse and qualified provider candidates, ultimately reducing time to fill.
· Works to manage and provide continuous improvement to the overall recruitment experience for provider candidates from sourcing and recruitment through the on-boarding experience.
· Manages, leads, and engages and provider recruitment team in a positive work environment that meets recruitment objectives; includes team selection and training, assignment of work, scoping of projects, performance development and assessment, coaching and establishing standards and best practice methodologies, and mentoring.
· Develops, manages and monitors the operating budget for Provider Recruitment. Makes fiscal and budgetary decisions for the department in accordance with Covenant Health policies. Conducts forecasting and work-force planning.
· Partners with local Covenant Health Facility leadership teams to provide input and guidance with regard to the financial impact of recruitment strategies.
· Acts as the primary resource for all phases of physician executive recruiting.
· Monitors and directs administrative activities to ensure compliance with operational policies and procedures and governmental and regulatory standards.
· Identifies and evaluates trends on provider recruitment, including local conditions, economic conditions and competitive institutions to develop innovative strategic plans to respond quickly to these trends. Compiles, analyzes, and presents pertinent provider recruitment data to appropriate audiences.
· Provides insight to Senior Management related to emerging business opportunities
· Advocates for initiatives aimed at improving processes related to referrals (i.e. increase convenience for referring providers to contact a practice)
· Coaches Site Manager, Provider Relations Specialists, and service line leaders on effective communication skills for outreach to referral sources
· Supports and promotes the mission and values of Covenant Health and the Catholic Health Ministry.
· Other duties as consistent with this role.
Job knowledge and skills
· Proven track record for leading a robust physician and provider recruitment team for a multi-state organization
· Demonstrated ability delivering lop talent committed to working for a mission based organization
· Demonstrable commitment to the highest standard of ethical and professional conduct.
· Outstanding organizational and project management abilities.
· Computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook) for email, scheduling, and navigation of the organization's computer systems. Prior experience with data base management preferred.
· Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills; skilled in facilitation, presentation and negotiation.
· Analytical and problem solving skills and excellent judgment a must
· Ability to work under pressure and challenging deadlines and adaptability and flexibility required
Education & Experience
· Seven years' experience directly related to the field of provider recruitment, and five years of experience in a manager role.
· BA business administration, marketing or related field.