Johnson City, TN
Less than 5 years
Posted 29 days ago
SCOPE OF POSITION
This position will lead and direct the overall design, development, implementation, and evaluation of the organizational development's key learning initiatives, leadership development programs, physician education, and talent management oversight.
This position will coordinate non-clinical training programs and initiatives to improve overall organizational effectiveness and performance. This position provides consulting expertise, guidance and support around organizational design, change and development strategies to support and focus on key performance indicators including but not limited to Patient Experience, Lean Initiatives, Employee Satisfaction, and Human Performance.
• Directs the activities of employees and manager within Organizational Development (OD) and Continuing Medical Education (CME).
• Responsible for the planning and coordination of all professional development training initiatives though out the health system.
• Responsible for ensuring new employee orientation training meets all federal, state, and JCAHO regulatory requirements.
• Assures application of effective instructional design, development and delivery of training utilizing adult learning principles.
• Provides coaching and support to other leaders as necessary for staff development, team performance and self-development opportunities.
• Evaluates the educational needs throughout the system of the leaders, employees and physicians and develops training programs to assist the organization in achieving the strategic mission and goals.
• Annually evaluates the effectiveness of training utilizing Kirkpatrick's four levels of training model. Makes revisions as needed.
• Develops and maintains quality improvement projects for OD that provides metrics to support training initiatives.
• Oversees and coordinates the system-wide employee satisfaction survey and provides feedback to leaders regarding action plans and follow up.
• Coordinates the annual performance appraisals and provides support for the performance management system. Provides assistance to leaders regarding best practices for completing performance appraisals.
• Responsible for preparing departmental operational and capital budget and maintains expenditures to meet budget.
• Role models Wellmont's core values which include integrity, respect, compassion, innovation, and empowerment.
See Table of Organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master's Degree in organizational development, adult education, human resource development, or other healthcare related field required.
• Three to five years of management experience required.
• Five years of teaching experience.
• Two years experience with a learning management system.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Experience designing programs utilizing adult learning principles.
• Must be proficient in MS office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.