At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
The Director, Medical Operations Advanced Practice Providers (APP) partners with the physician group to design and deploy models of care that consistently utilize Advanced Practice Providers and other clinicians to enhance operational performance, patient outcomes, and patient experience. The Director oversees the adherence to professional standards for Advance Practice Providers, including credentialing and state licensing. The incumbent explores, proposes and assists in implementing innovative models of team-based care across the care continuum. Responsibilities include direction and decision-making, financial performance, staff education, compliance with regulatory agencies, patient satisfaction, provider productivity, implementation of Clinical Care Redesign (CCR) initiatives, and the promotion of Partners-In-Caring culture, while ensuring maximum efficiency and effectiveness. This position is responsible for promoting positive relations among the advanced practice providers, nursing staff, medical staff and clinic personnel. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for creating and maintaining partnerships with universities and clinical sites to increase availability of professionals needed to meet the organization's strategic goals.
Education:Master’s Degree in related field, required
Licenses/Certifications: State APRN or PA-C license, State prescriptive authority
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Seven (7) years of experience as an advanced practice provider; five (5) years of senior level healthcare administration experience.
- Demonstrated experience and success in change leadership
- In-depth knowledge of industry standard practices in healthcare services
- Extensive knowledge of State of Texas Regulations pertaining to nursing and Advanced Practice Providers
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Articulate and active listener
- Team builder with ability to work in and within multidisciplinary teams
- Creative problem solver with ability to make effective and efficient strategic and operational decisions
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Principle Accountabilities:
- Strategic leadership- Establishes the strategy and support of a team-based model of clinical care, specifically focused on leveraging advanced practice provider expertise and knowledge.
- Ensures the creation, development, and execution of plans for Advanced Practice Provider recruitment and retention across MHHS
- Serves as a mentor, model provider, and advocate for all APPs to improve the health status of the community through a balanced inter-collaborative practice with an emphasis on continued education.
- Leads efforts to formalize and standardize training requirements, clinical expectations, and practice models across MHHS
- Effectively sets standards and implements evidence-base guidelines, protocols, and pathways
- Performs root cause analysis for performance gaps and recommends areas for process improvement
- Creates short and long-term plans for APPs within MHHS
- Ensures compliance and accreditation standards are met in all areas of responsibility
- Conducts operations in an organizationally effective and financial judicious manner
- Builds relationships across care delivery sites and serves as the MHHS representative for APPs
- Develops personal and professional credibility across the System; gain respect and build trust internally and externally
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.