$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Come build the future of Linux & Cloud Desktops at Amazon with the Amazon Linux WorkSpaces Team in AWS! If you are an experienced systems or software developer who is passionate about building the Amazon desktop of the future at the scale of AWS, then this is the job for you. The Amazon Linux WorkSpaces team is responsible for the design and maintenance of all of the desktop experience on Amazon Linux with a special focus on development environments.
You're perfect if you possess that rare mix of depth of Development, Systems Engineering, and Customer Obsession. You're right for the job if you're comfortable with system admin, networking, distributed architectures and OOP. You'll excel if you have enthusiasm for digging deep and a flare for sharp technical communication, prioritization and organization. In addition to providing top-tier build outs and maintenance of WorkSpaces Linux infrastructure, System Development Engineers are expected to develop best practices, refine operational procedure and constantly think pro-actively, and work minimal direct oversight.
No Linux experience, no problem. We are looking for problem solvers that want to move quickly to deliver the best customer experience possible!
· Experience in specifying, designing, implementing entire software stacks, including application and systems layers, with health, performance monitoring and management tools for 24x7 environments
· Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 Internet-oriented production environment, preferably across multiple data centers, involving (preferably) software defined infrastructure
· 2+ years professional experience in software development
· Possess sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, and Databases
· Be able to write quality code
· Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
· Previous experience developing distributed systems
· Experience with Debian / Ubuntu packaging
· Experience with RPM packaging
· Skilled in at least two of C, C++, shell, Python, Go, Java, or Ruby
· A solid understanding of Linux networking
· Experience working with the open source community
· Knowledge of AWS infrastructure technologies
· Previous experience in ownership and scaling of web services
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation/Age
Valid Through: 2019-11-9