Aviya Aerospace Systems is a leader in engineering services and solutions for mission critical Aerospace and Defense applications. Aviya provides expertise in program management, systems, software, mechanical , and hardware engineering to many of the top-tier Aerospace and Defense Contractors. Aviya has openings for Electrical Component Systems Designers to join our engineering group in in Longueuil, Quebec.
Position functions / Specific Position Duties
- Review, evaluate and develop supplier models of motorized electronic and passive electrical accessories required for aircraft engines to meet performance and reliability requirements as well as customer needs.
- Establish specifications, apply technical knowledge.
- Plan and coordinate as needed with suppliers.
- Define functional and operational requirements, hardware requirements and qualification requirements for electronic engine controls, sensors, effectors and associated interconnected components.
- Provide technical support as required during component and system validation testing. On-site support at various sites for certification activities may be required.
- Provide technical support during electromagnetic testing of the engine control system, including developing and executing test plans and reviewing test results.
- Verify and interpret test data produced during component and engine validation testing.
- Prepare high level certification reports for submission to national and foreign airworthiness certification authorities.
- Provide technical support to suppliers to ensure a smooth transition to the production of new products.
- Review, evaluate and develop supplier designs of powered electronic and passive electrical accessories needed for aircraft engines to meet performance, reliability and customer needs.
- Create specifications , apply technical knowledge.
- Plan and coordinate with suppliers as required .
- Define functional, operational, physical and qualification requirements for engine electronic controls, sensors, effectors and associated interconnecting components.
- Support component and system validation test activities as required . On-site support at various sites may be required in support of certification activities.
- Support engine control system Electromagnetic tests, including the development and execution of test plans and review of the test results.
- Review and interpret test data produced during component and engine validation testing.
- Generate top-level certification reports for submittal to national and foreign airworthiness certification authorities.
- Provide technical support to suppliers to ensure smooth transition of new products into production.
- Provide technical support to P & WC's aftermarket sector to advance field issues.
Qualifications required / Qualifications for Position
- Bachelor of Engineering with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience.
- Must demonstrate leadership, be organized and dynamic.
- Have good communication skills, both oral and written.