System Debug Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for System Debug Engineer ?for our client in Santa Clara, CA
Job Title: System Debug Engineer
Job Location: Santa Clara, CA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Min 5years
- The successful candidate will be part of a highly skilled
- ??System debug team based at Santa Clara. He/She will work as a Senior Engineer/Technical lead to analyze and debug issues with the latest 4G Modem software based on ??ARM Cortex/Intel Architecture SoCs??mobile wireless?? handset platforms.
- The System debug team analyzes complex crash logs and coredumps in the software device drivers, boot code and operating system to debug failures reported from the field or lab verification setups
- Independently?? analyze traces/coredumps for defects reported internally or by customer to find the root cause.
- Post analysis, be able to articulate the problem to the customer or development teams located across the globe.
- Be a leader and drive investigations where collaboration may be needed from several teams to achieve the solution.
- Interface with ??Architects and other technical experts to improve debug machinery and scale in next generations of the products.
- Propose and implement efficiency mechanisms to automate analysis, eliminate repetitive manual tasks in debugging.
- Propose improvements in ??debug infrastructures, proactively advise development teams to develop testcases and preventive measures.
- Participate in design and code reviews and identify defects early.
- Think out of the box and Propose alternative debug builds to extract more information in case of complex issues where existing data may not be sufficient
- Hand/Take over unfinished analysis from other teams across the globe be a highly motivated team player.
- BS/MS equivalent