System / Data Analyst
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Job ID: 20853
SGT, Inc., located in Cambridge, MA, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Analystto support the development of Air Traffic Management (ATM) concepts and systems aiming at increasing the capacity and efficiency of National Airspace System (NAS). SGT Inc. supports the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Volpe Center with thedevelopment and evaluation of real-time communication, navigation, surveillance, and decision support systems to supportaviation operations throughout the nation and the world. Our team specializes in planning, researching, testing, and evaluating the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen). Our work helps the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) improve safety, alleviate air traffic congestion, and mitigate environmental impacts. The selected candidate will join a dynamic multidisciplinary team operating in an agile and fast paced environment and utilizing state-of-the-art technologies (e.g.: cloud, big data). Candidate must be clearable for a position of public trust.
The selected candidate will support multiple ongoing efforts for the modernization of existing ATM systems, development of proof-of-concept prototypes, and implementation of multi-purpose data infrastructure and analytics. The candidate will join experienced teams of analysts and developers, contributing initially by acquiring, maintaining, mining, correlating, and parsing data from multiple sources. As the candidate builds experience in the field under the mentoring of senior team members, the candidate will build ATM subject matter expertise that will enable a broader range of tasks and design opportunities. Advanced tasks may include, but are not limited to: evaluating multi-source data for accuracy and consistency with the physical events they represent; writing memos summarizing the results of deep-dives on data interrelationships; supporting business analysis efforts building data models; and designing and developing data analytics tools to increase the productivity of other team members as well as the candidate’s.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering, or related field.
- Ability to identify and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Proficient in developing efficient SQL queries
- Data manipulation experience (Excel, Python)
- Experience working with XML and JSONschemas
- Excellent communication skills to explain complex analyses, and translate conclusions into straightforward and actionable information
- Ability to obtain a Department of Transportation securityclearance which requires a permanent residency or US citizenship
- Minimum threeyears’ experience in system or data analysis, or advanced academic degree in a related field
- Hands on experience analyzing data in support of a complex business
- Expert Excel user for data analysis and fast prototyping
- Experience with relational databases and working with large volumes of data
- Experience presenting work to business-level stakeholders
- Thrive on juggling multiple projects – and tying them together
- Java, C#, C++, VBA development
- Skills in Data Science and Statistical Analysis using tools like R and Python
- Experience with Database Driven Documents (D3) and ELK stack: Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
- Familiarity/Knowledge withair traffic systemsor data such as:
- Flight Information Exchange Model (FIXM) and Aeronautical Information Exchange Model (AIXM))
- FAA SWIM implementation, or a similar enterprise architecture
- International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) flight messages
- 4-Dimensional Trajectory (4DT) programs and the associated messaging requirements
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the SGT is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. SGT hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. SGT believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables them to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.