Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead in a style that encompasses the Inova Values.
- In collaboration with other Medicine Service line leaders and Inova leaders, design and implement the vision for the Medical Critical Care Service for the system.
- Responsible for overseeing all employed critical care physicians, employed critical care Advanced Practice Providers (APPs), critical care medical directors, and critical care APP leaders, for all sites of care to include the eICU and all hospitals.
- Leads the alignment and development, championing, and metrics analysis for all clinical critical care quality initiatives across the system
- Overseeing of all system intensivist recruitment and community intensivist contracts in collaboration with the Medicine Service Line and hospital leadership teams.
- Standardization and alignment of critical care delivery and severity-adjusted outcomes across all critical care and intermediate care units in the system.
- Responsible for leading critical care High Reliability Medicine (HRM) initiatives with a focus on patient safety, value, and quality.
- Development of programs and services in partnership with the Medicine Service Line nursing, administrative, and medical leadership teams, hospital CMOs, and other Service Line Leaders throughout the system.
- Supervisory role for operational areas impacting adult critical care:
- Procurement for system equipment and services
- Evaluation and management of budget, revenues, and expenses for the applicable Physician Enterprise and hospital cost centers as it relates to Critical Care services
- Regulatory requirements
- Disaster planning/response
- Risk management/legal
- System Critical Care Committee and Task Forces
- High Reliability Medicine (HRM)
- Development and supervision of combined eICU/bedside intensivist program structure in collaboration with the System Associate Medical Director for Critical Care.
- Collaboration with critical care nursing and administration to improve outcomes, patient experience, and retention at all critical care sites of care.
- Involvement with all strategic decision-making within the Medicine Service Line.
- Collaboration with GME & UME to facilitate and foster an enriching learning environment for rotating medical students, residents, and fellows.
- Any other defined role per Inova Medicine Service Line leadership direction.
- Board Certified in Critical Care Medicine in good standing
- Healthcare leadership experience
- VA Licnesure and DEA
Work Site Address
3300 GALLOWS ROAD
Work Site City/State
FALLS CHURCH, VA
Intensivist - Adults
Apply to Opportunity Save