What you’ll be doing...
System Assurance Engineer is responsible for advanced integration, operation and maintenance (OA&M), and performance monitoring of the Verizon Wireless networks and platforms found within a distribution node. Networks supported include 1X-Voice and Data, CDMA/EVDO, LTE-EPC, EBH, TRFO/NNI, WDN, WVN and LAN/WAN technologies and protocols. Vendor platforms included but not limited to are: Nokia 7750/7705s; Ericsson MME, SGW & eNB; Cisco CRS, PGW, Nexus, 6500, 10K; Fujitsu 4500, 9500; Juniper MX-960, QFX. Oracle SR/SBC, Genband MRFP Transcoding. The engineer is expected to perform his/her duties with minimum supervision and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled.
- Troubleshoot, upgrade, integrate, and perform preventative maintenance on multiple vendor systems.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) on regional data networks and correct anomalies.
- Provide subject matter expertise and technical leadership.
- Develop and maintain relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Participate in first office applications (FOAs) and other projects as scheduled.
- Interface and escalate as necessary with key stakeholders both within and outside the sub-market to ensure projects as well as troubleshooting efforts are completed in a timely manner.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with wireless telecom technologies; 1X, EV-DO, EV-DO rev A, and LTE, 5G-NR.
- Experience with Cisco and Juniper infrastructure and operating systems.
- Experience with OA&M, monitoring, and growing large-scale data networks.
- Experience using various network monitoring or performance tools such as Packet Sniffers, Irisview, SNMP, Syslog, ELPT, RTT, Fluke, Netscout, NGenius Suite, Wireshark.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or any other related discipline.
- Four or more years in the cellular/ telecommunications on data networks and transport.
- Four or more years of experience with TCP/IP, LAN/WAN and IP routing protocols BGP, OSPF, MPLS, Ethernet, SONET.
- Knowledge of IP addressing, subnetting, network segmentation (VLAN).
- Experience in UNIX/Linux.
- Experience in Openstack, NFV, SDN, and Orchestration technologies.
- Programming/scriptingexperience. Python.
- Experience in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access desired.
- Ability of proactive work style to set priorities, work with minimum supervision and with a diverse group of professionals.
- Ability to follow up through to completion on all assignments/ projects/ deadlines.
- Capability to be initiative to independently identify issues, come up with timely, creative solutions, and own issues through resolution.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends as necessary.