- Position Description/Tasks to be Performed:Assess the organization’s mission, strategic goals, and customer needs and conduct Business Process Reengineering. Provide reengineered “To-Be” business process models using BPMN 2.0 methodology. Perform process analysis and prepare dimensional data models. Define and model business processes and develop the architecture components to properly represent processes and data and facilitate IT efficiencies through cloud based or other shared services.Establish system information requirements using analysis of the information engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems.
- Develop, construct, review, and validate operational architectures for the United States Marine Corps.
- Facilitate architecture design & implementation.
- Communicate operational requirements to technical personnel by constructing basic conceptual data and process models, including workflow, use case, domain models, and activity diagrams.
- Support the development of future state Enterprise Architecture (EA) and transitional roadmaps
- Utilize architecture products to assist in material development, business process reengineering, business case analyses, and organization and product assessments
- Design architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Ensure systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the OSI and ISO reference models, and profiles of standards – such as IEEE OSE reference model – as they apply to the implementation and specification of information management solution of the application platform, across the API, and the external environment/software application.
- Ensure that the common operating environment is compliant with the Agency enterprise architecture and applicable reference models.
- Evaluate analytically and systematically problems of workflows, organization, and planning and develop appropriate corrective action.
· Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
· Hands on experience with the Department of Defense Architecture Framework v2.0 and BPMN 2.0 methodology
· Working knowledge or experience in business process modeling
· Competence with Microsoft Office suite including MS Project and VISIO
· Prior Marine Corps experience is desired but not required
· Must be a United States Citizen
Minimum EducationBA/BS degree in technology related field preferred