Magna Electronics Division
: Magna Electronics Auburn Hills Job Type:
Auburn Hills Group Description
Magna's ADAS technologies are shaping an autonomous future and improving lives.
Full autonomy is coming. But to create the technology which will bring it into view, you need the desire and ability to adapt complete ADAS systems or modular solutions to any vehicle, for any mobility need.
Magna's electronics solutions connect OEMs to their customers with features that improve their lives. It's our expertise across the entire vehicle, key strategic partnerships and culture of innovation that allow us to make our industry-leading technologies road-ready. And it is how we'll continue to build a safer, smarter and more connected mobility experience for all people. Role Summary
The System Architect interfaces with multiple stakeholders to understand requirements, domain, viable technology, and development activities for automotive ECU development projects. Tasks include, but are not limited to, front-end communications with customers regarding requirements and solutions, analysis and definition of system design alternatives, and daily technical guidance of engineering activities within the team. The System Architect is responsible for defining the structure of the developed system and the interfaces between individual work products of hardware design, software design, and system testing. The system architect is aware of safety, security, and regulatory requirements. For design activities, the System Architect must be capable of creation and analysis of multiple design alternatives, assessing such alternatives based on given or self-defined criteria, and selecting the most suitable options to refine to a final design. Key Responsibilities
- Leads system/product requirements specifications, solution definition, technical feasibility analysis, and architecture specification.
- Provides technical guidance for system design and integration engineering activities. Ensures conceptual integrity of system design.
- Provides engineering support for sales presentations, technical solutions discussions, and product demonstrations with prospective customers.
- Develops and/or approves system architecture requirements, models, and diagrams.
- Responsible for architecture level development and testing.
- Responds to customer inquiries concerning complex system design approaches and issues.
- Provides technical input to RFP/RFQ responses.
- Works with Engineering Program Management to provide feasibility and planning information.
- Interfaces with and supports customer product development calls and meetings.
- Identifies, analyzes, and reviews program sustaining activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering / Software Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent (Master's preferred)
- 4-8 years' relevant experience regarding the Responsibility / Activities (listed above) for automotive electronics serial development projects (mandatory).
- Knowledge of product development engineering practices in automotive field
- Test plan development
- Test execution planning
- Track records of writing good requirements that can be successfully implemented.
- Profound technical knowledge of automotive electronics products. Familiar with typical automotive OEM requirements. Can anticipate customer requirements, even if not stated in customer documentation.
- Experienced in use of requirements management tools. Familiar with concepts such as baselining, inheritance etc.