Who We Are:
At Molex we’re committed to improving people’s lives and making the world a better place. Connected Mobility Solutions (CMS), a business unit of Molex LLC, develops innovative products and manufacturing processes around automotive in-vehicle networking, infotainment, and lighting segments.
At Molex, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. Come join our journey.
Highly visible advanced development system architect role in the San Francisco Bay area to support the ADAS, connected vehicle and autonomous vehicle marketplace for one of the top three interconnect solutions providers in the world!
Who We Are Looking For:
Molex is seeking a dynamic and proactive advanced development system architect to support our emerging AV, EV and connected vehicle space primarily focused on Bay Area OEMs and eco-system. This System architect will be influential on developing, defining, and executing our strategy to achieve profitable growth objectives in the AV, EV and connected vehicle market. This role will require to architect the system level design, translate the customer requirement to internal team communication, understanding customer requirement, project management, customer facing, and relationship building at all levels within the customer organization. This role will be closely tied to our BU core engineering team, BDM, GSM, and cross-functional teams all focused on exceeding customer expectations, and value creation for the organization.
- Collaborate with OEMs, Tiers and Eco-System collaborators to design and develop automotive solutions
- Communicate architecture through key architecture documents
- Create system architecture based on functional and non-functional requirements
- Collaborate with automotive security (In-Vehicle) specialists to provide a secure architecture
- Share and present architecture to cross-functional teams and executive leadership
- Prove out new technologies through proof of concept work
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple project efforts simultaneously
- Drive selection of the critical components within product architecture to meet customer requirements
- Collaborate with customer, eco-system and with the various development areas (software, hardware, application) in development of the functions and architectures
- Identify, monitor, and communicate key trends across the AV, connected vehicle market and industry including working knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- Assist BDM Dept with Feasibility Studies and supportRFQ activities as required, including customer and internal requirements review
- Assist in developing a collaborative eco-system of internal/external development partners that will enable fastest, successful time to market
- Effectively coordinate and drive VOC back to the business units to advance options
- Create and develop available training tools including relevant presentations, sample kits, to assist in advancement of key opportunities
- Understand customer technical needs, specifications and advanced automotive architecture and effectively provide solutions to both the customer and present these opts to Molex Business Unit
What You Will Need:
- 5+ years of experience in the automotive system design and system architecture.
- 5+ years of Automotive Electrical and/or Connectivity experience including:
- 5+ years working experience in Ethernet, CAN and LIN
- 5 years if experience in firmware and software development
- 2+ years of experience in Ethernet Architecture
- 2+ years of experience in Vehicle and Connectivity architectural skills
- 2 years in automotive electrical development and design.
- 2 years in telematics connectivity development and design writing requirements and designs for connected services.
- Solid understanding to the connected vehicle, ADAS, AV and automotive ecosystem in Northern CA to include OEM’s, tiers, software, firmware and ASIC developers
- Experience in OTA (over the air) architecture
- A sound understanding of the Autonomous Vehicle platform.
- Knowledge of automotive safety standards & processes (ASIL ISO26262)
- Ability to understand our security software and firmware capabilities to support our advanced network solutions
- BS in Computer Engineering/Science or Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- MS or PhD in Computer Engineering/Science or Electronics/Electrical Engineering
What We Offer:
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work