As part of the System Engineering team, the System Architect has a leading role in the definition of state-of-the-art training systems. Drawing from CAE's extensive products baseline but also from leading-edge products from the open market, the Architect will design innovative training product solutions that will meet challenging customers' requirements.
The role of the System Architect, who is part of the core project team reponsible for the overall project execution, is to:
- Lead the design activities and act as the overall design authority during the Proposal and Design phases of the project.
- Define "how" the training system can be structured to best comply with the Customer Requirements.
- Perform trade studies to identify optimal solutions, including the extent of re-use of existing equipment and designs, new design and third-party elements.
- Establish the project software architecture and its mapping onto the physical components
- Analyze the system to ensure that it will meet the stated performance requirements (e.g. flight performance, stability, weight, power, timing, human factors, throughput, etc.).
- Identify risk and cost driving design issues, seeking original solutions that will minimize risk while optimizing costs
- Peer review design work products with the other members of the project team.
- Participates in Design Change Control Board (CCB) meetings to control design modifications throughout the project execution cycle.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Engineering, Computer or Information Sciences.
- 8 years or more experience in design and development for the aerospace, simulation & training systems or gaming industry.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge in aspects of systems analysis and systems design, particularly in systems architecture / systems engineering methods and tools.
- Must be eligible to obtain a security clearance with access to NATO secret documents and adhere to ITAR requirements.
- Experience in multi-disciplinary engineering environments is an asset.