System Analyst will assist in the support of a suite of application systems for key business areas through an understanding of system application knowledge and departmental business workflow. The candidate leads a systematic process for capturing requirements and works with partners to capture requirements in a standard format that will serve as the technical documentation.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares and maintains technical documentation including flow charts, use cases, functional specifications, data models, user guides, and reporting to assist with the ongoing operation and maintenance of technology solutions.
- Perform system configuration for existing application systems supporting Credit Union business processes, including but not limited to, lending applications and origination systems, core financial system, and host user interface system.
- Develops an understanding of internal and/or external customer business requirements.
- Uses SDLC processes and associated tools, analyzes current system targeted for replacement/enhancement to determine business and technical functions to be included in design.
- Collaborates with other IT areas in the research and design of tactical and strategic system solutions for business process and/or efficiency opportunities.
- Prepares detailed system requirements and assists in functional design solutions for new products/functionality and enhancements to existing products/functionality.
- Provides 3rd tier problem resolution assistance for system deficiencies or errors and coordinates the prompt diagnosis and resolution of application system issues that have an impact on the production environment and document management of the Credit Union business departments.
- Coordinates with the application vendor/development team to resolve problems and trouble tickets. Maintains application performance and integrity during ongoing development, modification and support processes.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders, vendors and consultants to design and develop solutions and the successful testing, documentation and support of those solutions. Investigates packaged solutions to systems and programs for resolution of problems and enhancement opportunities.
- Collaborates with the business analysts and technology teams in the design, development, testing and implementation of new applications, existing application upgrades and new application releases and participates in large group projects under the direction of an assigned Project Manager as appropriate.
- Works with business analysts in supporting end-user requests, and assists in change management controls of the production environment. Closely works with the Database Administrator building SQL scripts, maintaining application databases, and recovery processes and activities for the application of data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate each of the following VyStar Excellence behaviors in performing the duties and responsibilities of their job:
- Focus – Focus your full attention by carefully listening to and observing your clients or member.
- Connect – Consistently be friendly and approachable. Demonstrate you care.
- Understand – Listen empathetically and ask questions (70% to 30%).
- Counsel – Recommend solutions based on your client's or member's needs and objectives.
- Advance – Ensure that member's or client's expectations were exceeded.
- Verify necessary follow-up actions were completed.
Position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other Information Systems related degree in a technical field or a minimum of 5+ years' experience in system requirements and process/application design.
- 5+ years of progressive work experience designing moderate to complex business processes, process mapping, and working on large-scale process improvement initiatives.
- 2+ years of experience facilitating JAD sessions or other technical requirement gathering processes.
- 2+ years of experience working with SQL and/or application configuration.
- Financial services industry experience preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to write technical documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead small technical projects.
- Experience with facilitation JAD sessions or other requirements gathering processes
- Exposure to a formal project management methodology, quality assurance program, and SDLC, or applicable Agile methodology.
- Capable of performing application administration of system files, parameter settings, software configuration tables, and database edits.
- Familiar with MS Office software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio) and current Microsoft operating systems at a level that enables productivity and quality work.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and apply common systems development requirements and design criteria.
- The candidate should possess strong interpersonal, organization, problem solving, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts, analyze data, and provide feedback to project teams.
- Understanding of web development methodologies, application design, navigation, and information architecture.
- Proficient with query tools such as SQL.
- Some understanding of structured Quality Assurance testing, program development, and ongoing process support for a systems environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage unstructured tasks within specific guidelines and time constraints.
- Should be able to create screen mockups to visualize requirements to SMEs and modify requirements accordingly.
- Highly motivated and organized.