System Analyst / Programmer
5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
Title: Systems Analyst/Programmer
Location: Southfield, MI
Full Time Permanent
Duties and Responsibilities:
This Systems Analyst/Programmer will be an integral member of the application support team focused primarily on maintaining, supporting and enhancing existing custom, packaged and cloud-based solutions in a multi-site, multi-cultural, global environment. A diverse skill set is required with in depth experience in J2EE development and project management skills. Work with internal customers to gather and specify requirements for new functionality Estimate work effort associated to enhancements and new implementations.
- Design, document, develop and enhance custom program solutions based on user requirements.
- Support the implementation of packaged and cloud-based solutions.
- Support disaster recovery activities.
- Support software, OS and database upgrades.
- Manage and resolve break-fix and operational maintenance support tickets.
- Create system/user documentation and assist users or provide user training as necessary Address operational issues related to production systems after-hours and on non-working days.
- Meet deliverables on time, with quality and on budget.
- Manage workload and priorities while meeting a demanding schedule and timeline.
- Engage IT department stakeholders as required and collaborate with external vendors Engage and collaborate with clients to ensure product delivery and continuous support of application systems.
- Provide status reporting for the IT management team and other executive leaders as necessary.
- Interact with the business, identify opportunities for improvement and influence necessary business change as required.
- Contribute to the creation of development methodologies and coding standards.
- Participate in application design and code review sessions as well as peer reviews of code modifications.
- Advise on Business Process and implementation issues to support necessary changes Contribute to the project planning process by making technology recommendations for new development.
- Support and mentor design and development staff in developing efficient and technically sound solutions.
- Interpret user/developer problems and suggest appropriate system change proposals to correct defects and to enhance system functionality and performance.
- Mentor and train less experienced staff in development best practices.
- Take independent actions after receiving overall direction and guidance for goals and objectives.
- Project management, implementation, tracking and reporting of small to moderate size initiatives.
- Effectively communicate project plans, status, issues and outcomes.
- Minimum 5 to 7 year’s development experience
- Experience with the J2EE computing platform for web-based applications
- Oracle 10g/11g Database – Queries, Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Views
- Solid understanding of Oracle database structures and customization standards
- Exposure to IBM WebSphere framework and middleware environment
- Solid understanding of the Linux cluster server environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)