PayBright provides flexible, affordable, and transparent payment options for Canadians. We partner with merchants to offer innovative payment plans at the point of sale - both in e-commerce environments and in-store locations. We are one of Canada's fastest growing fintech companies and have partnered with over 7,500 merchants across Canada including major retailers such as Wayfair, eBay, and Samsung.
We are a diverse and growing team of over 180 people located in downtown Toronto.
We are looking for a System Analyst to join our ever-expanding Product team. Reporting to the Product Manager of the Loan System and Payments team, the System Analyst will play a key role in one of Canada's leading growth-stage fintech companies.
Working in a cross-functional team, the System Analyst will have the unique opportunity to work across PayBright's loan system and payments to help drive meaningful change to the existing infrastructure and processes.
- Working directly with Product, Operations, and Tech to investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues, ensuring that solutions are viable and consistent.
- Develop, analyze, prioritize, and organize requirement specifications, data mapping, diagrams, and flowcharts for developers and testers to follow
- Implementing processes to monitor the Loan and Payments System health as well as gathering system statistics to review
- Meet and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to understand the needs of various stakeholders to establish System and process deficiencies and convert them into proper requirements.
- Create and maintain documentation and training, serving as a subject matter expert
- Communicating with teams regularly to provide development updates and bringing awareness to any known issues.
- Work with Technology and Product teams to ensure that all solutions are built as designed and to requirements.
- Test system changes with Tech to troubleshoot and resolve identified issues
- Develop dashboards and automated reports to ensure the product team can measure performance and test hypothesis
- Share, visualize, and present insights with both internal and external stakeholders to regularly communicate product performance
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or information technology, or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience as a System Analyst, or similar
- Strong computer, hardware, software, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions
- Experience working with SQL to develop complex queries
- Possess a problem-solving skill set and sense of curiosity, with a passion for investigating opportunities and issues
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with an ability to quickly absorb and retain information
- Strong analytical with the ability to analyze data and use it to recommend solutions (strong command of excel and other BI tools such Tableau/ Looker)
- Ability to zero in on granular details while maintaining a broader strategic perspective
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to bring structure to complex projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with a knack for making presentations and creating clean documentation
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment and build relationships
- Goal driven, focused, independent, with a "can-do" attitude
Why should you apply?
- PayBright offers an outstanding work environment in a high-growth industry
- We focus on creating a positive and cohesive team-based environment and aim to have fun doing our jobs!
- Monthly and quarterly team events and social activities (currently being held virtually due to Covid-19)
- We offer attractive compensation and benefits, including equity participation
- We have a prime downtown Toronto location near amenities and public transportation
(we are all currently working from home to stay safe during this time).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our diverse and inclusive team is part of what makes PayBright a fulfilling place to be. PayBright is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all backgrounds.
If you require any accommodations during the hiring process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.