$100K — $150K *
Octo is an industry-leading, award-winning provider of digital services for the federal government. Octo specializes in providing agile software engineering, user experience design, cloud services, and digital strategy services that address government’s most pressing missions. Octo delivers intelligent solutions and rapid results, yielding lower costs and measurable outcomes.
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region’s best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
As a System Analyst & Microsoft Power BI SME, you’ll join a growing team and leverage your experience to guide customers on how to utilize Microsoft products for their business needs. You will look at existing process, identify potential use cases, and develop Power BI dashboards. You will also ensure the client understands how the Microsoft products are integrated and provide guidance on how they can leverage the tools on their own.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
This program delivers a mix of management consultant activities to support Portfolio Management, IT Governance, Strategy and Policy, Enterprise Architecture, Legislative Compliance, and Data Management and Governance. You’ll join a high-performing team that embraces a culture promoting innovation, measurement and continuous improvement, and high-quality support services, delivering business value and outcomes to our customers and partners.
· Five to eight (5-8) years of post-collegiate professional project experience.
· Three to five (3-5) years of IT consulting experience on a Federal contract with system analysis and engineering expertise.
· Microsoft products SME with specific experience in Power BI, Power Automate, SharePoint, etc.
· Provide technical expertise building Microsoft Power BI dashboards, performance measurement KPIs, and enhance and maintain existing Power BI reports and underlying data.
· Develop Power BI job aids for the clients to leverage in developing their own dashboards.
· Manage the end-to-end development cycle of Power BI reports from concept to deployment.
· Partner with business teams to lead user story workshops, define use cases, and gather requirements informing reports, dashboards, scorecards, KPIs and implementing them.
· Expert knowledge and use of the MS Office suite (Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Project; Visio) to prepare documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
· Personal communication style that encourages teamwork when engaging stakeholders with a myriad of agendas, requirements, and constraints.
· Excellent communication skills (writing, speaking, listening).
· Ability to multitask and work effectively, both independently and in teams, ensuring timely completion of assignments and meeting established quality standards.
· Experience working in a Federal Office of Chief Information Officer (OCIO).
· Experience interacting with and presenting to agency senior IT leadership and staff.
· Knowledge of data governance models and tools.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
· Attention to detail and commitment to high quality/error free deliverables.
· Motivated, independent, and self-sufficient.
· Able to receive an assigned task and see it through to completion with minimal supervision.
· Strong organization skills, a good communicator, able to effectively prioritize tasks, and manage assignments / projects from concept to production.
· Ability to write thorough and concise functional and design specifications as well as easily readable end user documentation.
· Able to brainstorm with others, thrive in a collaborative team environment, multi-task, and quickly adapt to change.
· Leadership skills and ability to be led in a manner that is healthy for our positive and productive work environment.
Years of Experience: 5+ years of professional work experience (see more under “Requirements”).
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a federal Public Trust.
Valid through: 4/13/2021