Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.Position Summary:
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking a System Analyst III to assist in supporting the applications and associated infrastructure at our Manufacturing facility in Grand Island, NY. Collaborating with all levels of Business user and information technology staff, the individual will be responsible for performing requirements gathering, analysis, configuration, implementation and maintenance for numerous manufacturing and laboratory applications. Key Responsibilities:
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications: (required)
- Work with the business to collect and translate business insight, ideas and concepts into clearly defined requirements for system design and improvements.
- Assess, troubleshoot and resolve issues or problems relate to any application and associated infrastructure within the assigned business area.
- Coordinate and assist the technical efforts of the wider IT community as well as vendors to ensure the IT systems and associated infrastructure are available and optimized.
- Proactively identify and implement preventative measures to ensure application availability 24x7.
- Lead small sized projects, as required.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the business processes as well as a strong working rapport with business users.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Other Job Requirements: (preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related scientific discipline or equivalent education and experience.
- 3-5 years technical experience as a Systems Analyst, System Engineer or System Administrator
- Demonstrated experience in the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of systems and associated infrastructure.
- Knowledge of database systems and ability to read and write SQL
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to work accurately, with interruptions, to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communications and the ability to interact with both technical and non-technical stakeholders and users
- Able to fulfill 7x24 on-call responsibilities
- Experience within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with MES and / or LIMS applications
- Experience with a validated systems environment, including 21CFR Part 11, ISO 17025, GxP, etc.
- Understanding of manufacturing and / or laboratory processes and methods