ID Care is seeking a candidate for our System Analyst position.
General Summary: The Systems Analyst will champion, maintain and support our eClinicalWorks EMR and Practice Management systems along with a selection of other software packages. The Systems Analyst, as our clinical and administrative software Subject Matter Expert (SME), will provide end user training as well as support for all relied-upon software packages. The Systems Analyst will also act as a conduit between our staff and all software vendors, and facilitate/coordinate all software system maintenance procedures including periodic software updates. Ultimately, we will rely upon our Systems Analyst to ensure the successful operation and efficient use of all relied-upon clinical and administrative software. The Systems Analyst will be the database expert for clinical and administrative information and will be called upon to produce custom reporting as needed by management. The Systems Analyst will be responsible for gathering and defining / refining requirements, designing and generating reports, analyzing output, and presenting results as actionable data. The organization is a dynamic medical group practice. Performance flexibility and teamwork are key to our success. While not a primary function, the Systems Analyst will, from time to time, provide mission critical and time sensitive technical assistance for day to day IT tasks as needed and under the guidance of our IT solutions provider to include hardware and software troubleshooting, device installation and testing, and other tasks required to maintain the smooth operation of the organization.
Reports to: Senior Manager, Revenue Cycle Management
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quickly attain “Subject Matter Expert” status for all relied-upon software packages, particularly eClinicalWorks.
- Foster productive and efficient use of software by providing ad-hoc and planned end user training to all levels of employees including physicians.
- Prioritize problems for effective and timely resolution.
- Resolve reported problems, working with our software vendors when necessary.
- Liaise between our staff and software vendors.
- Coordinate and facilitate software upgrades, fixes and enhancements.
- Perform system audits to ensure compliance with software use policies around data entry and system workflows.
- Design reports, templates and workflows to meet practice needs and enhance software functionality.
- Establish and maintain complete and detailed application configuration, maintenance and support documentation as well as end user guides and reference manuals.
- Obtain and maintain a full understanding of the database structure and contents of assigned software packages to design and produce custom management reports.
- Serve as an as-needed resource on IT Infrastructure projects or tasks, as directed by the Senior Manager, Revenue Cycle Management or the Infrastructure and Network support teams.
- Work occasional off hours, nights and weekends as required.
Accountability: The Systems Analyst is responsible for ensuring smooth operations of our critical software packages acting as liaison between our software vendors and the non-technical end users. This individual will be in charge of optimizing the end user’s experience and knowledge so that we get the full benefit of the software solution. The Systems Analyst will be the primary contact with our vendors and will coordinate responses to systems issues and failures. This individual will work closely with IT department representatives to address system performance, security, and compliance issues.
Specialized Equipment Used: Travel between our various offices located within New Jersey will be required. Candidate must have a reliable employee-owned automobile with liability insurance.
Education and Experience:
- At least 2 years of ECW experience and 4 years of practice management.
- EMR experience in a physician practice setting is required.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Prioritizes and coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Technical Competency – Possesses a rudimentary knowledge of the operation of computer systems and networks to assist the IT support team in the assessment and remediation of end user technology issues.
- Compliance – Understands and has worked with HIPAA / HITECH compliance regulations and can apply that knowledge to ensure compliance throughout the organization.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business or professional journals.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.