In coordination with the Credentialing Systems Manager, provide technical and management leadership for a team of System Administrators who install, configure, and maintain UNIX operating systems to include Solaris and Red Hat Linux. The successful candidate will establish goals and plans to meet project objectives. They analyze and resolve problems associated with the server's operating system, hardware, applications, and software. They detect, diagnose, and report UNIX related problems on servers. The System Administrator Manager must possess expertise with varied concepts, standard best business practices, and procedures and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Daily interactions will involve customer negotiations and interfacing with Senior Management on various projects.
- Provide the daily leadership, scheduling and assurance that all routine and ad hoc project management/scheduling, system administration and IT infrastructure processes are handled to Government Program satisfaction for the UNIX System Administrators
- Supply other managerial functions to team to include activities such as, performance reviews and metrics, coaching/consulting, personnel task assignment, in- and out- of cycle reporting and status of team's activities and/or issues. Support and assure adherence to all corporate and client site policies.
- Responsible for the security and management of all UNIX servers in non-production and production environments
- Solve complex integration and technical problems in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Work with other Systems Administrators, DBAs, and application developers to resolve various system issues
- Knowledgeable and experience with Red Hat Linux Server installation, configuration, and management using the Red Hat Satellite services
- Experience with Patch Management Application updates
- Ability to review logs, access issues and problems and take appropriate corrective action
- Knowledge of Apache, Java Application servers, CVS, JBOSS, and TOMCAT
- Understanding of concepts surrounding the use of Red Hat OpenShift to deploy Docker containers
- Ability to maintain documentation reflecting the current operational environment
- Possess excellent communication and written skills
- Requires 24x7 on call support on a rotating basis
- Experience with Perl/Shell Scripting
- Experience with SAN or Network storage setup/administration
- Certified Red Hat Linux System Administrator or Engineer
Up to 10% travel may be required per year.
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related technical discipline with 7 or more years of related professional experience. (Education can be substituted for 11 years of experience).
Active DoD Secret and DHS suitability