This Windows Systems Administrator position requires a highly motivated individual with the ability to work independently, in a dynamic environment. The Windows Systems Administrator will be directly responsible for participating in the design and support of all managed Windows operating system infrastructure activities. This position requires the ability to excel at multi-tasking and have the experience to ramp up quickly in a dynamic, high-tech environment.
- Setup, configure, and perform day-to-day maintenance and administration of Windows systems
- Provide Active Directory and Group policy management and support
- Manage domain, user/computer objects, accounts, and permissions
- Perform day-to-day break-fix, troubleshooting Windows related issues, performance issues, etc.
- Maintain Windows best practices, anti-virus, and patch management including firmware upgrades
- Provide Windows monitoring and reporting solutions
- Performs operating system installation and performance tuning
- Coordinates the testing and implementation of computer systems
- Keeps abreast of current trends and practices in field of expertise
- Assists users with questions regarding systems/applications
- Leverage the internal help-desk support systems and processes to ensure that IT issues impacting employees are quickly resolved
- Updates and maintains documentation (internal and otherwise)
- Provide day-to-day technology support and general systems management (user/group management, license management, systems configuration, etc.)
- Play a key role in establishing and managing IT policy and procedures
- Perform a wide range of system administration duties, including support of corporate enterprise applications, databases, laptops, servers and network equipment
- Configure and setup servers and virtual machines
- Participation in an on-call rotation for off-hours support.
- Any other tasks or projects as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- 3+ years’ experience managing corporate IT infrastructure, including Active Directory
- Experience with MS Server 2008/2012/2016, Exchange 2010/2016
- Strong knowledge of VMware administration is preferred
- Excellent customer service, communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to follow written procedures and meeting timelines
- Strong scripting and automation experience preferred
- Understanding of IT management frameworks (ITIL) a plus
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative on multiple company projects.
- Ability to work in a team and provide assistance and training for co-workers and end users.