??We are looking for System Administrator for our client in San Jose, CA
Job Title: System Administrator
Job Location: San Jose, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Linux WS and Windows Desktop Administrator
- As a Linux WS and Windows desktop admin, primary responsibility is to provide day to day support to applications, hardware and uptime for the systems.
Responsibilities include, not limited to the following:
- Provide daily support and escalated support PSG Intel desktop team and Onsite Intel Service center.
- Support projects and minor PC deployment for events
- Train, share knowledge and jointly support subordinates in Linux and Windows relevant issues.
- Build configure and support VM?s (Windows and Linux) and hypervisors
- Build and deploy Linux Systems and Windows desktops
- Trouble shoot first line L1 cases for engineering application such as NX, home grown scheduler ARC (Altera Resource Computing)
- Write basic scripts for automation
- Manage Linux permissions, create home directories, manage user groups
- Knowledge of puppet, cobbler an added bonus.
- Trouble shoot Level 1network related issues on systems
- Supportengineering LAB environment
- RMA support for warrantied parts
- Attend to Incidents and tasks from service-now and resolve as necessary
Skills required, not limited to the following:
- Minimum educationrequired: High-school diploma plus 2-5years of experience.
- (Linux or Windows certification a plus)
- Windows and Linux skills, including troubleshooting and configuring systems
- Basic understanding of local area networks
- Customer service orientation
- PC hardware troubleshooting
- Eagerness to learn
- MS office
- Good communication skills in English and able to collaborate with the Linux, Storage and Computing engineering groups
- Team player
- Responsible, accountable, dynamic, embraces change and results oriented