Seeking individual to provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of UNIX and Windows systems.
Title of Position: System Administrator
Description of Position:
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
- Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Optimizes system operations and resource utilization and performs system capacity analysis and planning.
- Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/ loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components a long with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Performs quick response and resolution for IT-related problems and is available for on call support.
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Communicates escalation status to agency management and internal customers.
Education and Experience Required:
- Five (5) years of experience providing systems administrative support to programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- One (1) year of experience directly supporting the intelligence community or a signals intelligence activity.
- Knowledge & Professional Expertise in: Windows XP Client, Windows XP Server, Windows Based Network Management/Configuration and Linux/UNIX.
- A Bachelor's of Science degree is required. In lieu of the Bachelor's degree, an additional four (4) years of experience for a total of nine (9) years may be substituted.