Seeking candidate with desktop, server and network administration support knowledge and experience in both Windows and Linux, with an emphasis on Linux.
Title of Position: System Administrator
Description of Position:
- The selected candidate will provide desktop, server, and network administration support to mission and analytic networks.
- Primary responsibilities include desktop support, application support, server administration, user account support, and basic support to LANinfrastructure.
- Periodic on-call hours are required, as are shifted schedules to accommodate mission needs during surge periods
- Provide regression testing on new software releases
Education and Experience Required:
- A minimum of 3 years system administration experience with computer systems.
- Within the last 3 years, experience with either UNIX or Windows System Administration, to include user account administration, installation and configuration of workstations and peripherals, kernel parameter and disk partition modification, client-server support, software and hardware upgrades, troubleshooting, and shell script programming.
- Within the last 3 years, experience with Network Information Service (NIS), Network File System (NFS), Domain Name System (DNS), and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Within the last 3 years, a minimum of 1 yearscriptingexperience using BOURNE Shell, C Shell or KORN Shell languages.
- Within the last 3 years, a minimum of 1 yearexperience performing periodic system back-ups and developing/documenting standard operating procedures for these activities.
- A Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MSCA) or Redhat Certified Technician (RHCT) certification is highly desirable and can substitute for 1 yearexperience.
- In-depth Understanding of Red Hat 6.5 and centOS 7 required.
- Experience with Windows/Linux operating systems
- VMware experience
- Centrify experience
- Active Directory experience
- Experience with ESXi, networking components (DNS, iptables, firewalls, TCP/IP)
- Familiarity with DELL POWEREDGE 600/700/800 servers, Server 2012R2, and Server 2016 required.
- Must have experience in account creation and management.
- In-depth understanding of OS, network, and hardware troubleshooting solutions.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- Desired Skills:
- Familiarity with provisioning both virtual machines and bare-metal hardware to meet customer needs.
- Experience providing assistance to users and optimizing system operations.
- Understanding of information security principles and practices.
- Experience with or familiarity with software and securityarchitectures.
- TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph