5 - 7 years experience • Energy / Alternative
This is a career opportunity! Direct report to the Director of IT. A chance to make a real difference with the systems of this company and therefore the bottom line. Leadership at this company understands how important their systems are to their production and meeting business goals.
They invest in the people and the technology!
The System Administrator will support the software development team in design, development, and validation of Battery Management System software for transportation and industrial applications. This individual will split their time approximately 60% system administration and 40% help desk. In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with our software development team to design, install, deploy and operate our back end software Tool Chain and Information Systems. Additionally, this position will develop, implement and execute procedures for the administration, backup, and operation of IT systems including system security hardening, backup management, capacity planning, change management, and lifecycle upgrade management support the maintenance and automation of our operations and processes.
This includes but is not limited to: monitoring and supporting operations along with troubleshooting and resolving issues in product development and testing environments while providing installation, operation, and maintenance of our servers. The System Administrator is expected to demonstrate working expertise in tools and software suites specific to building and supporting the design and development of embedded systems and have experience rolling out software tools. Simultaneously, this individual will need to be comfortable working in a ticket based incident response system, taking tickets and closing them to end user satisfaction.
- Perform administration, management, configuration and testing tasks related to our servers and other systems, including both Windows (server and desktop) and Linux (CentOS 7.X) systems.
- Support the tools and servers used as part of the Application Lifecycle Management. Our suite of tools includes IBM DOORS, CollabNet, Team Forge, SVN, JIRA, CodeWarrior, Jenkins, and more. You will be expected to perform hands-on system administration, install system upgrades, assist users and ensure team success with the tool suite.
- Adhere to software engineering processes to support efficient and effective high quality embedded software.
- Perform duties with “Infrastructure as Code” (IaC) perspective to automate the management of infrastructure.
- Provide administration and support the implementation of product development analysis tools including Solidworks PDM and Ansys Enterprise products.
Additional Support Responsibilities
- Analyze, install, modify and support operating systems, database and utility software.
- Contribute to the development, testing, evaluation and design of system and infrastructurearchitecture.
- Develop, implement and execute procedures for the administration, backup, and operation of IT systems including system security hardening, backup management, capacity planning, change management, and lifecycle upgrade management.
- B.S. in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, ElectricalEngineering, Electronics Engineering, Software Engineering or Controls Engineering.
- Strong background in system administration of Linux and Windows, understands the value of automation and infrastructure as code
- A history working with SQL (MS SQL Server and MySQL/MariaDB), Subversion (SVN)
- Demonstrated experience administering and supporting software tools including some or all of: JIRA, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, TeamForge, CollabNet, SVN, and Collabnet.
- Exposure to Automotive Standards and Processes (CMMI / V-Model / ASPICE / ISO26262 / etc.)
- Competent in supporting software languages (perl, python, .NET, Visual Basic, etc, Bash, Node, DXL, and/or PowerShell)
- Demonstrated experience on the front-lines supporting users on the desktop and deploying user computers, tablets, mobile phones, etc.
- Ability to manage back–end services, including LDAP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, and VMware
- Experience with use of the Software Toolchains. Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, especially Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Demonstrates ability to build teams to reach desired outcomes. Evaluates existing work processes and initiates practices to promote continuous improvement.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills – position requires strong interaction in multi-functional team environment.