System Administrator / Office Support Specialist
Being a part of a collaborative team, working in innovative environments, encouraging exceptional performance, and exploring outside interests and professional development; AEI recognizes our employees are the most valued part of our firm. They are the core of what has made AEI a great firm to work for and why our culture promotes a remarkable work/life balance. AEI offers:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with immediate vesting
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending plan
- Employee assistance plan
- Educational and professional development opportunities
- Reimbursement for membership in professional associations
- Paid time off and holidays
We are seeking a System Administrator/Office Support Specialist to join our Seattle, WA office. This role will provide training, support and maintenance for AEI's PC hardware and software systems. Develops, implements, supports and maintains assigned technology solutions in order to meet business needs, including network, communication, security and file server systems, and office and enterprise applications. Supports and maintains the company-wide application and imaging solutions, and related inventories.
- Responds to help-desk needs in a timely and professional manner.
- Implements, supports and maintains AEI standard hardware and software. Analyzes and recommends hardware standards. Collaborates with other IT staff, users, vendors, and outside consultants as necessary to resolve day-to-day issues.
- Troubleshoots network problems and identifies and implements solutions. Collaborates with other IT staff, users, vendors, and outside consultants as necessary to resolve day-to-day issues.
- Administers user accounts and disk, file, directory and security systems.
- Develops and maintains technical and user documentation for IT standards, operating systems, server, network, security and communications systems, and imaging and application distribution systems, inventories and databases.
- Provides feedback and suggestions for improvements, shares knowledge and lessons learned, collaborates in troubleshooting problems, and researches and evaluates new or evolving technologies.
- Manages and implements IT projects, including the overall coordination of assigned IT projects, from planning through implementation. Sets project scope, priorities, deadlines and deliverables schedules. Manages and monitors project budgets and expenditures.
- Provides ongoing one-on-one training and instruction to users in the organization. May provide large group training classes, as necessary, on specific hardware and/or software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or a related technical degree; or commensurate experience.
- Five years of related IT experience, including two years of related IT experience in the professional services industry.
- Expertise in installing and troubleshooting desktop and laptop hardware, software, and networking components.
- Expertise with Microsoft products. Ability to learn and support additional software (i.e., graphics, engineering calculation, database, etc.).
- Expertise with imaging, application deployment systems and system monitoring.
- Advanced to expert knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, LANnetwork protocols, desktop/laptop operating systems, standard office applications, backup software, and hardware and server component technologies.
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows server software and protocols.