MetroStar Systems is looking for a Systems Administrator to support a Windows and Linux environment at the Pentagon. If you want to join a company that values supporting next generation information technology initiatives, we want you to work for MetroStar! The successful applicant will work closely with MetroStar leadership to deliver and improve the overall products and support across the customer base.
Come be a game changer and join our team!
You’re a great fit if…
- You have experience administering a Windows Server 2008/12 environment on VMware ESXi, VSphere and/or VCenter.
- You understand DoD system security standards (DISA STIGS, SCAP scans, PKI certificates).
You’ll love our Windows Systems Administrator position if…
(This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have 5+ years of Windows Administration experience within a virtual environment
- You have experience with VMware, Active Directory Exchange Services, IIS webserver configuration , and MSSQL Standalone and cluster environments.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 R2 and /or 2012.
- You are familiar with Symantec/Veritas NetBackup for backup and Disaster Recovery.
- You have a ComTIA Security + certification
We’ll REALLY love you if….
(This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- You have an understanding of adding additional network storage to existing systems.
- You have have knowledge of ColdFusion, DataDomain, F5/BigIP.
- You have a general understanding of Cisco Switches
- While we are primarily virtual, a knowledge of Blade Servers is a big plus (HP C3000 / C7000).
What your day will look like:
- Perform work in a datacenter with a diverse workforce of IT professionals.
- Monitor and maintain health of mission critical systems.
- Monitor data integrity and performance of systems.
- Install, test, upgrade and configure system files and services to maintain and enhance performance.