The LinQuest Corporation has an opportunity for a motivated and collaborative System Administrator in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The System Administrator will the LinQuest Corporation Security Program with implementing and maintaining program information systems. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to the implementation and maintenance of program information systems at all levels of classification. The System Administrator will assist the Colorado Springs office ISSM/ISSO with implementing appropriate configurations on information systems under the Risk Management Framework (RMF). The System Administrator will safeguard information systems against unauthorized use, infiltration, exfiltration, modification, destruction or disclosure of national security information.
- Develop and maintain access and authorization accounts for computer systems.
- Configuring and maintaining standalone and networked computer systems, including hardware, system software, and applications.
- Ensuring data is stored securely and backed up regularly.
- Diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, networking, and system issues when they arise.
- Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary.
- Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely.
- Researching and recommending new approaches to improve the company’s computer systems.
- Providing technical support when requested.
- Documenting any processes which employees need to follow in order to successfully work within our computing system
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, security updates
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Information System configuration documentation
- Demonstrated Security experience (evidenced through work experience, college coursework, military or on-the-job training)
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, server management (i.e. Active Directory, Group Policy, etc.), virtualization, HTTP traffic, content delivery, and caching
- DISA STIGs/SCAP
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Security + certification
- Network+ certifications a plus.
- Working knowledge of virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- Experience applying Cybersecurity configurations such as Firmware updates/upgrades and STIGs to a baselined system is desired.
- Familiarity with scripting Windows Group Policy Objects (GPOs)
- Active TS/SCI clearance is required to be considered for this position
- Experience with the Special Access Program (SAP) community
- Familiarity with DoD regulations such as Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publications (SP) and National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- Must possess organizational, accuracy, detail-oriented, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Communicates with contacts within and outside of own department and may occasionally have responsibility for communicating with parties external to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.).
- Must be able to identify, analyze and resolve security-related, network-related and computer system-related matters
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple assignments concurrently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; must be a self-starter with initiative to work independently and interact with personnel and government customer
- Work individually and as part of a team in a diverse, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work with limited direction and handle multiple projects on short timelines
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in a fast-paced multi-compartmented work environment
- Capability to prepare reports and briefings