Seeking experienced Windows System Administrator to provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems. The candidate must be a hard working, self-motivated individual to fill a Network Engineer position in a fast paced, highly visible and customer facing environment.
Title of Position: System Administrator Level 3
Description of Position:
Provides assistance in all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance and upgrading of existing networks; specification, and related documents and implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of an enclave environment
Analyze network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput), troubleshoots problems and recommends procurement of, and/or modifications to network components.
Provide support using Cisco hardware.
Installing network applications on Cisco network servers equipment; Maintaining, tests, researches and resolve network issues.
Designs, Implementing and maintaining various networks in accordance with specified customer requirements.
Preparing data network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
Performing data network configurations and configuration changes of various data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance.
Understanding of enterprise management of convergednetworks, capacity planning, performance analysis and network tuning. In depth knowledge of TCP, UDP, IP, VLAN, VRF, DNS, and HTTP.
Provide technical guidance/ recommendations for networkarchitecture.
Interface and communicated effectively with customer.
Able to work in a team environment.
Education and Experience Required:
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED. NOTE: this certification requirement must be completed before an individual can join the task.
- High School/GED plus nine (9) years experience OR Associates plus seven (7) years experience OR Bachelors plus five (5) years experience OR Masters plus three (3) years experience OR Doctorate plus one (1) yearexperience in Systems Administration and/or Network Engineering
- Candidate must be able to support system in a hybrid Linux and Windows environment.
- Must possess experience in one or mores systems and architectures and associated hardware: mainframe, mini, or client/server based.
- Must have expertise in Networking.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Must meet 8570 IAT II requirements to include one of the following certifications: CCNA Security, GIC SP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH, CSA+