Description of Position:
- Provide system administration and software support for field exploitation systems within the client program.
- Perform Linux system setup and management for both physical and virtual Operating Systems (OS), to include provisioning, configuring, patching and managing updates, platform securing/hardening.
- Provide manual and automated system management across widely dispersed Linux systems.
- Provide drastic system scalability (e.g., from 2 systems to 200 systems via virtualization).
- Integrate virtual machines and VM clusters into development environment.
- Communicate with Software Developers and other team members to gather requirements and implement solutions.
- Work with developers of existing systems to understand how they want their current systems to be virtualized.
- Automate system administration functionality (e.g., provide automatic patch installation).
- Research, evaluate and recommend methods and products for protecting computer data and applications.
- Develop technical documentation, to include system administration architecture documentation and diagrams, configurations, baselines, administrative procedures and instructions.
- Coordinate with developers to define operational system security requirements, develop System Security Plans and related security documentation and coordinate system security accreditation and authorizations.
- Perform system administrator functions and provide support for integrating security solutions into multiple systems, to include:
- Assist multiple teams with system security related activities
- Identify security weaknesses and propose technical solutions to mitigate them
- Upgrade and enhance system functionality based on customer feedback
- Document system operational functionality, operating system (OS) set up and configuration, configuration and use of management tools, and SA processes and procedures
- Perform laboratory system testing
- Perform maintenance functions for existing systems within the project
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Candidate MUST qualify for NSYS and compartmented data access. CCA, NFNA, or current polygraph in adjudication status (even if previous polys were approved) may disqualify candidate
Education and Experience Required:
- Ten (10) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline required. Five (5) years of additional system administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience administering LINUX/UNIX systems
- General understanding and experience working with and configuring LINUX disk encryption
- Experience with LINUX Volume Manager
- Experience provisioning systems, configuring systems, patching and managing systems, and securing/hardening systems
- Experience administering virtual machines.
- Experience in developing and implementing system configuration scripts in Perl, Bourne, Bash and/or C-Shell
- General working knowledge of Cisco and/or Dell routers and switches
- Experience creating documentation to outline processes and procedures.
- Experience with using Ansible (preferred), SALT or Puppet for system configuration management
- Experience with building, deploying, and/or in general working with Red Hat Package Manager modules (RPMs)
- Experience with:
- Linux firewall configuration (ip tables)
- NAT and gateway setup
- Remote server management
- Server certificates (environment specific), encryption and secure protocols
- Scriptinglanguages to include but not limited to: Bash, Perl
- Use of management tools
- Building RPMs