Title of Position: System Administrator Level 1
Description of Position:
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Provide Linux system administration and troubleshooting support to maintain customer system operations and satisfy end-user support requests. Maintain services on the network such as authentication, time,, mail, file, etc. Provide support for hardware installations and the set up and tear down of temporarynetworks. Work closely with the ISSE to document security relevant information in the System Security Plans (SSPs) in accordance with customer policies and directives.
- TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
- CCA will not be considered
Education and Experience Required:
- Five (5) years system administration experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional system administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- ITAR coverage required
- Linux system administration experience