In addition the incumbent defines system potentials, integrates, organizes, and executes follow through on projects, tasks, and system problems, while working as part of a cross functional team. Responsibilities include the administration of core business systems or integrated computer applications that go beyond a single department or system
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Takes the initial request from customers or others, i.e. new work or change request and identifies what is expected, its scope, urgency and defines the opportunities and stated benefits. Coordinates with appropriate parties to ensure that the various implications and interactions between applications and business processes for LG have been identified and managed.
- Identifies the various skills required for a successful implementation, completes base measurements for a post implementation review of benefits that includes a detailed project implementation plan, charter, objectives, and benefits that is a mutually agreed upon plan with System Administrator, User Management, IS Management and Vendor. The project plan to include the coordination / logistics ordering to ensure appropriate hardware, software, devices, networks, training and support are organized.
- Supports and documents implementation processes and system operations by designing and developing the system tables, scripts, backups, recovery processes, data to be converted,schedule downtime, etc., and also to include the following support to achievedesiredbenefits and capabilities for the business:
- Serves as a manager and liaison between vendor, IT Technical Services and User Management on all application implementations, upgrades, and support issues.
- Analyzes and creates reports for customers based on user and business needs via LG business software tools.
- Design /develop training materials, a plan for accomplishing the training with scoring to derive the readiness of staff.
- Review system function and features, uptime/downtime and ensure it is performing within expectations and is stable.
- Perform regular ongoing reviews such as post implementation stability and performance measurements; ensure system is functioning as expected.
- Provides timely answers by routinely triaging Level 1 and 2 problems, assists with troubleshooting, obtaining problem details, correcting problems, or elevating to appropriate level of support.
- Otherongoing support processes to include:
- Establish routine maintenance schedule based on needs of system(s) and users.
- Maintains a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) list.
- Performs periodic benefit analysis to address business changes, application changes and / or utilizing functionality that has not been implemented.
- Perform application upgrade planning and budgetary obligations..
- Obtains appropriate new hardware and software and coordinates hardware purchases with IS technical staff and vendor to ensure it meets current needs and growth.
- Tracks and prioritizes all enhancements and problems, and ensures system is operating in fashion that meets LG business goals.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Engineering; or a Science degree with an orientation toward automation and process improvement; or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of experience in each of the following is required for the position: Systems problem solving and analysis, purchasing/developing applications, testing programs/systems, managing implementations and conversions.
- 2 years of project management experience that involves computer software implementations, daily operational support, review and evaluation of system performance.
- 2 years of experience of providing leadership and direction to users of computer applications.
- 2 years of experience of developing test and training plans
- 2 years of experience of medical or financialexperience depending on System Administrator job that is being sought.
- 2 years of experience conducting meetings, preparing status reports, and supporting users/team members with problem solving, developing / coordinating with application vendor vendors or RFP’s, RFI’s and SOW is preferred.
- 2 years of experience in each of the following is preferred: assisting users, and writing of I.S. documentation is preferred.