L3Harris is looking for a System Administrator to perform software builds, installation, configuration management, and troubleshooting on Air Traffic Control equipment. This is a large complex communications system vital to air traffic operations and safety. The System Administrator partners with multiple functional areas including Systems, Test, and Software Engineering, for system administration and configuration needs. The position interfaces with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and is the point of contact to provide technical expertise on system administration and software configuration management.
- Compile, build, and install software baselines for large telecommunications systems while ensuring system integrity and consistency.
- Research, design, and implement new software configuration management tools to automate processes to improve efficiencies and accuracy of the software builds and release of software baselines.
- Create and maintain Software Configuration documentation, including configuration management plans, software build procedures, baseline installation procedures, configuration specifications and audit reports.
- Provide support for COTS Software and assistance and technical solutions to computer and system anomalies.
- Participate in complete software development lifecycle of requirements analysis, design, implementation, testing, and problem resolution
- Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and contributes towards the Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP), backup systems and disk configurations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information System or related area of study, 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Configuration Management Specialist or performing Software Configuration Management Specialist
- 5+ years of Revision Control/SCM Tools (such as SVN, git, github etc.), Disk imaging software and Microsoft Visual Studio, GCC, or similar compilers.
- Experience with branching and merging of source code in revision control/SCM tools.
- Experience with issue tracking tool such as JIRA, Redmine or similar is preferred.
- Experience with Software build and release process automation (such as Jenkins, Gerrit etc.).
- Familiar with Microsoft Operating Systems and Linux based operating systems such as Redhat, CentOS etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite products.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer or software engineer.
- 2+ years of experience with scripting languages such as bash, PowerShell, python etc.
- Experience with understanding computer applications and computer hardware.
- Experience with C/C++, C#, Python, Java or other similar programming languages.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process.