Integrity Applications Incorporated (IAI) is a software and system engineering company headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia with offices Nationwide. IAI has been selected as one of the best companies to work for in America by The Great Place to Work Institute and as one of the top employers in the DC Metro area by the Washingtonian Magazine. We are always looking for bright, innovative and talented people to join our team of highly skilled professionals. IAI offers challenging work, competitive salaries, an incentive bonus program and top notch health and welfare benefits for you and your family.
The Junior System Administrator is responsible for supporting and assisting in the maintenance of personal computer systems, databases, telephones, copiers, and general computer/network troubleshooting across IAI.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair various computer equipment, peripherals, and data communications and network systems;
- Assemble, install, configure and test computer equipment;
- Maintain software and hardware inventory and tracking systems;
- Perform preventive maintenance and update maintenance records;
- Address user problems as they are reported through the trouble ticket system;
- Track progress on resolving tasks and follow-up as needed;
- Assist with the analysis and resolution of end user requirements;
- Maintain user accounts and databases;
- Research pricing for equipment and supplies in consultation with Senior System Administrator and prepare purchase orders;
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of people, including fellow employees, external customers, and suppliers; and
- Perform other office related duties as required.
The Junior System Administrator reports to the Operations Team Lead – Information Technology. This is a non-exempt professional technical position. Moderate lifting is required.
- Bachelor’s degree and related work experience.
- Minimum 5 year system administration
- Familiarity with helpdesk support and troubleshooting of personal computers and computer networks.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows support.
- Ability to understand and use advanced computer functions.
- Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data.
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office suite.
- Familiarity with web page administration.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Consistently demonstrate professional, positive and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion.
- Willingness to work flexible hours when required.
- Work well under stress during peak workload periods.
- Database management skills with ability to produce reports.
- Web page maintenance and development.
- Microsoft Windows and Linux administration.
- Digital PBX phone switch operation.
- MAC OSX familiarity or administration.
- Cell phone management and support.
- Basic scripting (PowerShell).