Maintains onsite information systems management and support coordination within designated regional areas across business units. Direct and assist in specification, testing, implementation and documentation of information system. Provides hardware and application software analytical and technical support for applications.
- Supports projects and ongoing applications for information and imaging technologies within a specified region.
- Travels extensively within regional areas in Northeast Ohio.
- Provides after hours support by pager and computer dial-in.
- Interacts with end-users, managers and Regional ITD support personnel to assist in problem definition and system design.
- Develops end-user documentation and training procedures. Assists in training.
- Provides technical assistance to increase workflow efficiency and resolve related problems.
- Assists users with systems analysis level projects, workflow and process re-engineering.
- Implements, tests and installs new systems and applications within a enterprise change control process.
- Coordinates education and end-user training programs; system support and maintenance.
- Provides implementation/project management assistance for divisional system projects.
- Coordinates and provides on-site system administration for Imaging Information system and image distribution.
- Conduct presentations concerning network systems capacity issues, performance, equipment, system software, network communications and database administration.
- Ensures deliverables are tested, operating properly and performing according to specifications.
- Prepare periodic project management reports and provide training.
- Maintains relationships with vendors and user groups involved with critical software and hardware installations.
- Provides hardware installation and support, desktop system support, system documentation and workflow re-engineering.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Project management experience with emphasis on system specifications and implementation.
- Knowledge of multiple software technologies.
- Strong documentation, training, analytical and technical skills.
- Minimum five years information technologyexperience in a business or healthcare environment.
- Experience with systems design, implementation/support, database administration and project management is required.
- Additional years of experience may offset the degree requirement.
- Experience managing medical systems using unix (Linux, AIX, Solaris) and windows operating systems utilizing SQL to query, manage, and create reports from oracle or SQL Server databases from associated systems.
- Experience with networking, DNS switching, and load balancing technologies within a medical or commercial enterprise.
- Experience managing application Web servers and associated certificates for SSL, HTTPS and PKI infrastructure in a multi-tiered clustered environment along with troubleshooting firewall issues and configuration of IPTABLES.
- Experience integrating & supporting hospital imaging systems utilizing HL7 for order and patient information management.
- Experience with HL7 and DICOM. Orion Rhapsody experience a plus.
- Project leadership experience
- PACS and healthcareexperience
- Extensive travel within regional areas in Northeast Ohio.