Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, install and manage desktop, laptop and mobile computing devices.
- Familiarity with Microsoft, Apple, and Linux desktop operating systems
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships
- Consulting with users to determine hardware, software or system configurations
- Troubleshooting, testing and modifying computer software and/or operating systems
- Provide support for desktop, phones and servers
- Manage warranties, services and support contracts
- Manage data center functions such as server maintenance, switching and wiring design, testing and analyzing for peak performance
- Manage, test, develop or modify unified communications systems
- Assist in the design and management of telecommunications technology such as PRI, SIP and MPLS
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or recognized equivalent required, Some college preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in MIS, systems or information technology field required
- Cisco and VMWare certifications desired
- Strong familiarity with Active Directory, Microsoft Server 2003- 2012R2, Windows XP, 7, 8 & 10, Office 2003-2014, Ubuntu and Exchange Server
- Demonstrate an understanding of layer 1, 2 and 3 networking concepts as well as VPN and various UCS-type software to support for mobile and remote workers
- SAN management, iSCSI, EMC DataDomain and VNXe platforms, Symantec, VEEAM and security and content control experience is desired
- Must be analytical, organized, and detail oriented with good verbal and written communications skills
- Must have a high level of problem-solving skills
- A positive, team-oriented attitude is necessary to deal with a large variety of personalities