HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improvepatient care and save lives. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eightyears in a row.
At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life.
This position serves as a System Administrator for the TheraDoc infection prevention application. The application is used by Infection Control Practitioners in HCA facilities to track and report on hospital acquired infections. In addition, the application provides rollup infection reporting to division and corporate infection prevention and quality control staff.
To support the infection prevention enterprise solution, the ideal candidate for this position must be a generalist and provide practical experience in the following domains: System architecture, automation and monitoring application development and implementation, and application security.
This position will have varying degrees of interaction with internal and external teams and individuals. This position will frequently communicate with Business Users, Vendor and other IT teams to coordinate activities related to the TheraDoc Infection Prevention system. Additionally, this position will also work with: the CSG business owners, AVP, Director and Manager of Infection Prevention; the field, Field Directors of Infection Prevention; the field IT&S Field Operations; IT&S Infection Prevention Product and Project Teams.
This position will create technical and application documentation and be the conduit for consistent technical knowledge across the product team through enterprise deployment and ongoing support. This position will become knowledgeable about the TheraDoc product’s technical and application architecture and will be able to bridge any gaps between the vendor and IT&S over the phone, in person and in writing.
80% Provide TheraDoc System administration application Support
- Provide TheraDoc application system administration support
- Provide ongoing maintenance of complex performance testing test and use cases
- Provide ongoing maintenance of complex disaster recovery processes
- Provide ongoing maintenance of system monitoring tools and processes
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support of the appropriate batch job schedule using enterprise job scheduling tools
- Proficient with support of Microsoft Windows operating system
- Address operational systems issues
- Knowledge of Active Directory users and groups
- Some Experience with application infrastructure such as .NET
- Any experience with ColdFusion a plus
- Learning knowledge of Database structures – ORACLE
20% Develop and maintain automation applications
- Develop and maintain automation applications
- Learning Knowledge of automation / scripting development languages such as Windows Batch / PowerShell
- Knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming in C# and / or Java
- Thoroughly unit test applications
- Write technical specs for applications
- Look for ways to improve existing applications and processes
- Actively participate in meetings
- Understand entire application and how pieces fit together
- Able to build strong relationships and communicate with technical staff and business analysts
- Must be able to work well in a fast paced multi-tasking team environment
- Able to accomplish simple and moderate programming/system admin tasks without assistance
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years
- 1 Less than 1 year
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- SQL (on ORACLE preferred)
- Windows Server
- Cluster Knowledge a plus
- Document management
- Knowledge of HL-7 Interfaces
- Knowledge of MIRTH - HL 7 moving tool a plus
- Object Oriented Design / Programming
- .NET Framework v4.0+ a plus
- Agile development team environment a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Sitting at Desk on Computer Prolonged time
- Nights and Weekends on Call Schedule
- Most work is coordinated on Phone