Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers around the world. Learn more at harris.com.
The Harris Surveillance and Automation Solutions Business Area has an opening for a Systems Administrator. The successful candidate will be supporting the ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast) program; the space-based extension of ADS-B, and other systems being developed by this organization. The candidate will be responsible for providing support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of systems which support mission critical air traffic control systems with a 0.99999 uptime requirement.
- Perform systems administration, maintenance, and engineering in multiple large enterprise server environments (Red Hat, CentOS 7, Solaris 10, 11).
- Install and maintain operating systems and hardware.
- Monitor system health, performance and usage
- Provide system administration support to multiple groups including development, test, CM, performance tuning and production.
- Provide software and hardware enhancement recommendations, define and implement new services with the goal of achieving maximum server uptime and availability for the customer.
- Contribute to the Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP)
- Provide support and maintenance for storage array
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- 6 years' experience in systems administration.
- Experience installing and maintaining various hardware platforms including Oracle and Dell rack mounted and chassis-based servers.
- Experience with Solaris 10, Solaris 11, CentOS operating systems
- Experience working with virtual environments including VMware Esxi 6.0 and above and Logical Domains.
- Experience installing, maintaining, tuning and upgrading Solaris, CentOS and Linux operating systems.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and operating system issues using remote console access.
- Experience with automation installer (kickstart, jumpstart and autoinstaller)
- Experience writing and editing shell scripts.
- Basic knowledge of networking configuration and troubleshooting
- Ability to lift and install rack mounted servers up to 40 pounds.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of active directory, Apache Server and Visio.
- Previous experience with FAA systems/programs is a plus.
- The successful candidate will possess strong initiative with an ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with system configuration management tools (CFEngine, Ansible, Puppet, Chef etc)
- Database management experience with Oracle and MySQL.