GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations in support of business processing requirements. Ensures workstation data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Ensures standard operating procedures are followed. Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Develops and maintains comprehensive operating system hardware and software documentation. Areas of support include desktops, laptops, phone and voicemail, network, server, and other hardware and software needs. May support multiple sites (some remote) depending on the region and area of support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds to internal customers to resolve their technology problems.
- Enters and manages Incident and Service Request tickets in ServiceNow (IT Service Management Application).
- Provides technical support related for all plant IT systems (End User, Shop Floor, Network, Server, and Phone) used by Franklin Electric employees across all business functions.
- Must maintain or exceed Service Level Agreements for Incident Resolution. This will be measured based on Incident Duration for the individual.
- Designs processes and improvements to resolve end user technology issues.
- Analyzes Incident Tickets and performs root cause analysis to identify and prevent reoccurring problems.
Request and Change Management
- Ensures all changes and requests are entered in ServiceNow.
- Ensures the fulfillment of end user requests for all plant Hardware and Software.
- Ensures changes are completed with proper documentation for SOX compliance
- Reviews the forward schedule of changes for potential conflicts
- Deploys new PC and other IT Equipment to end users and trains them in their use.
- Images and deploys PC's
- Uses ServiceNow to maintain and track IT assets and inventories.
- Responsible for maintaining all software and hardware inventories plant-wide including IT Asset Tagging.
- Provides recommendations for plant IT Hardware and Software standards and ensures standards are enforced.
Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Start Your Career with Franklin Electric Today!
Skills and Abilities
- Communication -- Delivers accurate, clear, and concise messages orally and/or in writing.
- Problem Solving -- Uses a logical, systematic search for the source of a problem, determining the most likely cause by eliminating potential causes of a problem.
- Decision Making -- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares alternatives and makes timely decisions.
- Business Process Knowledge -- Understands the process steps and purpose of the important business processes used by internal customers
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer information systems, or a related degree (required).
- 2 to 4 years of related experience (required).
- Microsoft Operation Systems (Required), Microsoft Office (Required), SharePoint (preferred), PTC tools (Preferred), JDE Enterprise One (preferred), Cisco network and voice (preferred), Label Printing (preferred), other shop floor and lab systems (preferred)
Certificates and Licenses
- This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Up to 10% travel should be expected for this position.