Applied Memetics LLC (AM LLC) is seeking a System Administrator, Senior, to provide onsite technical support to the Veterans Affairs’ (VA) Continuous Readiness in Information Security Program (CRISP) that transforms how the VA accesses, protects, and transfers information within and outside the VA.
We are seeking candaites with a strong system admnistrator background. CCNA desired, as well as ablity to travel to VA field sites during peark audit cycles. In addition, must have one of the following cerifications: 1) VMware, CITRIX, and Hyper-V VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) or 2) Citrix Certified Expert – Virtualization (CCE - V) or 3) Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center. U.S. citizenship is required.
The System Administrator, Senior, has the thorough knowledge to create plans to assure effective management, operations, and maintenance of systems and/or networks. Manages teams of system admins and is able to prioritize work and identify high risk critical problems and dedicate appropriate resources. Has extensive knowledge of a wide variety of systems and networks, to include high volume/high availability systems. Will plan and monitor the optimization of system operation/resource utilization and perform systems’ capacity analysis and planning, in addition to providing planning and monitoring assistance to users in accessing and using business systems.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electronics engineering or otherengineering or technical discipline is required.
- Minimum of 10 years (7 years of additional experience of additional, relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate efforts with key government and non-government stakeholders
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Demonstrates strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Must work well within a time sensitive environment
- Experience with VMware, CITRIX, and Hyper-V
Job ID 2015-1353