We are looking for System Administrator for our client in ?Columbia, SC
Job Title: ??System Administrator
Job Location: Columbia, SC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- This position will be responsible for testing and deployment of windows system upgrades to include patches, registry changes, GPOS, software upgrades and POCS.
- It will also be tasked with research and vetting of new technologies.
- This person will work closely with the server engineering team and the systems security team.
What types of staffing challenges or headaches have you experienced in the past?
Quality of resume:
- Resume needs to be specific and describe, not just list, candidate?s experience with the relevant technologies in a professional capacity. non-professional experience may be referenced but will not be highly regarded.
- Candidate must demonstrate positive attitude and be able to work with a diverse team of varying skill levels contributing constructive ideas and criticism. Excellent communication skills are required.
- Candidate will be working directly with business specialists and must be able to translate business needs to technical requirements.
- The candidate is expected to work with minimal supervision and follow the application architectural standards of client systems. This engineer will have insight and access to required client systems.
- Candidate is required to be on site to work with client?s engineers and business specialists in a real-time development and maintenance mode. Regional candidates will be given priority (SC, GA, NC).
Daily duties / responsibilities:
- Provide assistance identifying required system changes, determine a strategy, and research best practices for implementation.
- Perform localized testing of solutions and best practices on test machines (physical and virtual).
- Create and develop packages to be deployed across the network using system center configuration manager (SCCM), group policy (GPO), Powershell, or other tools.
- Oversee the system change management testing process; ensuring solutions do not negatively affect business operations
- Coordinate with stakeholders on their role in the testing process. Ensure that resources including: personnel, equipment, and test labs are available to support the testing process. The stakeholders include business analysts, desktop technicians, application developers, and change management team.
Required skills (rank in order of importance):
- Knowledge of windows desktop OS windows7, 8, and 10
- Knowledge of windows server OS windows2008, 2012, and 2016
- Knowledge of registry editing and automating their deployment familiar with Creating Powershell scripts and batch files
- Familiar with windows OS hardening in an enterprise environment
- Familiar with developing test procedures
- Familiar with implementing best practices
- Experience in developing packages to deploy applications and patches across a network
- Excellent coordination and communication skills
Preferred skills (rank in order of importance):
- Knowledge of administering active directory and group policies
- Knowledge of using MS system center configuration manager to deploy windows updates and patches
- Security certifications
- 1-3years related experience
- Not required but MS technical certifications will be factored in the selection process.