Keeping our systems, technology and employees safe is a key priority for ViaSat. As a System Administrator for classified systems, you will focus on providing technical support for Viasat’s Corporate Information Assurance Manager (IAM). In this role, you will get to:
Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems; be responsible for IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems; provide technical and user support for several stand-alone, LAN and WAN systems; maintain records of HW/SW revisions, perform various configuration management activities, virus updates, set up of user accounts, reset passwords, etc., ensuring all actions are documented as required; participate in contamination network cleanup activities related to possible computer security violations/incidents; respond to queries and requests for computer security information and reports; may provide work leadership for lower level employees; and support various levels of activities for Viasat remote cleared facilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in the functionality of common software programs and systems hardware functions to include, but not limited to: Windows Client and Server Operating Systems (WIN 10, Win Server 2016, Win Server 2019); Sun Solaris, Linux (e.g. Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu); Active Directory; Group Policy, TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- Experience with Windows and Linux/UNIX integration, account creation, administration, troubleshooting, file system maintenance, and backup applications
- 2+ years of experience with the design, implementation and administration of VMWare Virtual solutions
- Strong working knowledge of system backup and patch management software.
- Excellent written communication and organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills to deal courteously and effectively with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to work well under pressure, good problem-solving skills
- 2+ years in a DoD, or other industrial security program and overall understanding of ICD 503, Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG) and DoD Risk Manage Framework (RMF) process
- DoD 8570.1/DoD 8140.01 Certification (or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire)
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility
- 2+ years of experience in managing Routers and Switches (CISCO certifications a plus)
- 2+ years of experience in managing Microsoft Exchange Server
- Experience working with vulnerability and compliance scanning tools. (Nessus, SCAP, ACAS)