Leidos is searching for a Systems Administrator for our team at the Hines Information Technology Center, Hines, IL. This position is onsite at that location. The position is for the Day Shift.
A System Administrator must have experience in conducting routine system administration tasks and logging data in system admin logs. Systems administrators are responsible for maintaining system efficiency.
Experience in maintaining troubleshooting a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems. Must have knowledge on several debugging protocols and processes. Must be able to troubleshoot problems and issues identified by customers and implement corrective actions quickly.
- Provide end-user support by troubleshooting problems related to client developed applications used in the client and virtualized environments, which includes all production, test and development environments for on-site and remote users.
- Working in a Citrix XenApp and Xen Desktop environment.
- Perform server, network and software support.
- Using Citrix Studio, director and Store front to monitor, troubleshoot and manage a virtual desktop environment.
- Using and updating Active Directory and group policy.
- Managing user profiles.
- Manage VDI assignments and user sessions using VMware and Citrix Xen center.
- Using a methodical approach to troubleshooting and documentation.
- Evaluate and escalate the ticket to the correct department.
- Connect Citrix server through VPN remote access.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required with 8 years of experience. 8 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Microsoft office.
- Knowledge of Citrix Studio and Citrix director.
- Experience with web- based ticketing systems. (Preferably Service now)
- Must have the ability to interact with both non-technical users and highly technical users (Good customer service skill)
- VPN and remote access experience.
- Experience in domain security groups and setting permissions regarding access to server and particularly Citrix terminal server resources.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Highly motivated to learn new technology.