Candidate will serve a Systems Administrator and will provide technical support for the customer's system test and integration lab, and customer production environment. Provides hand-on support for the IT infrastructure and technical assistance and support as needed to on-site administrators supporting the other two environments.
* Familiarity with DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) information security requirements, standards, and best practices; DIACP compliancy with Retina, DISA STIG and IAVA patch management
* Must be able to process and analyze information and trouble calls submitted by a customer (e.g., system administrator, developer, security specialist), make determinations, provide and implement solutions.
* Must be able to work with minimal supervision to perform complex technical tasks.
* Build and O&M of Linux RHEL systems
* Build and O&M of MS Windows Server systems
* Build and O&M of virtual environment that includes virtual servers and virtual routers
* Build and O&M Oracle Servers
* Build and O&M of multiple Network Management applications
* Build and O&M of VCenter which includes the O&M of VM templates
* Build and O&M of ESXi hosts
* Build and O&M of hardware
* Build and O&M of Oracle Databases
* Strong writing skills required for preparing documentation and other technical deliverables.
* Proficient in use of Microsoft WORD and EXCEL.
* Organizes and directs the configuration and operation of information management systems
* Provide the day-to-day system administration to include system and resource optimization, and user assistance
* Conduct capacity and performance analysis, and provides system configuration change and upgrade recommendations
* Increase system administrator efficiency and accuracy via the use of automated tools and scripts, develop system administrator procedures, and conduct system administrator training and skills assessment
* Determine computer user needs; analyze system capabilities and programming techniques and controls
* Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of systems and perform system capacity analysis and planning
* Maintain servers, create monitoring reports and logs, and ensure functionality of system links
* Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, system and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
* Applying OS patches for RHEL and Windows servers; configuring/adding new services as necessary; and performing ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource, optimization as required.
* Configuring CPU, memory and disk partitions as required.
* Performing regular security monitoring to identify vulnerabilities and any possible intrusions; setting up and managing frequent and regular (at least daily) backup operations, ensuring that all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to appropriate media, plus creating recovery tapes or disks as necessary; performing regular file archive and purge as necessary.
* Develop and coordinate project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organization
* Perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situation effectively
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
Candidate must have 12 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a Doctorate and 3 years of experience OR Masters and 4 years, Bachelors and 6 years, Associates and 8 years or HS and 10 years. Must meet IAT Level 2 certification requirements.
Active TSSCI with Polygraph
Desired: 8570 Certification