Alltech is an award winning provider of IT services with nationwide project capabilities. Since 1994, Alltech’s focus on quality support to the Federal Government and Government Integrators has led it to become a leader in the Federal Services marketplace.
Alltech is seeking a System Administrator to join our team in Chantilly, VA.
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI w/ Full Scope Poly is Required!
- Job Duty 1 - Engineering of SA-related solutions for various projects and operational needs.
- Job Duty 2 - Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Job Duty 3 - Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Job Duty 4 - Familiarization with Data Center Operations for new System Installation and De-installation practices.
- Job Duty 5 - Contribute and maintain system standards consistent with project processes and policies.
- Job Duty 6 - Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration
- Job Duty 7 - Operations & Maintenance and ensure responsibility for system operability. Support all teams.
- Job Duty 8 - Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware including servers, SAN, Tape Library, network switch-gear, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Job Duty 9 - Perform regular security monitoring and ensure security practices are implemented. Provide recommended fixes to security vulnerabilities and fix identified issues.
- Job Duty 10 - Overall account management multiple OS variants and Software and consistent with account process and policy procedure.
- Job Duty 11 - Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Job Duty 12 - Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Job Duty 13 - Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Job Duty 14 - Upgrade and configure system software that supports WATSON applications or operational needs
- Job Duty 15 - Perform periodic performance reporting tosupport capacity planning. Ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Lunix RedHat system administration - 5years
- General storage system administration – 3years
- CISCO networking experience – 3years
- IBM General Parallel File System (GPFS) - 1years
- Analytical skills sufficient to assess and interpret highly complex information from multiple sources and draw insightful conclusions – 4years
- Understanding of hardware and software interoperability practices and installation and configuration process
- Understanding of system and network engineering principles and system backup and recovery best practices
- Working knowledge of Patch Management
- Understanding of OSS, various storage architectures and database technologies
- Understanding of government security guidelines and standards
- Performed and Understand the System Accreditation Process
- IBM General Parallel File System (GPFS) - 1year
- xCAT – 1year
- Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) – 1year