We are seeking a System Administrator in support of a government contract for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate. Position is located at the W.J. Hughes Technical Center in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Support the implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT systems
- Troubleshoot server connectivity to ensure operations during execution
- Manage all IT system infrastructure and related processes to those systems
- Provide day to day operations support to include monitoring and problem resolution for all client problems.
- Provide second level problem identification, diagnosis and resolution
- Provide support for dispatch system and hardware problems through resolution
- Support physical security policies, processes, and procedures
- Support the government in planning, executing, and maintaining a Site Security Plan
- Support escalation process and communication protocol to agency management and internal customers
- Possess expertise in systems, architectures, and associated hardware for; mainframe, mini, or client server environments
- Perform security patch management for servers
- Configure auditing mechanisms to monitor, review, and safeguard server log files and provide reports to the government
- Configure and manage server access controls, adhering to government account management policies
- Perform preventive maintenance on server components and advise the government of recommended replacements and upgrades
Required Skills and Education
- Education/Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Management or equivalent experience. Eight (8) to 10 years of specialized experience in systems analysis and administration.
- Clearance : active secret required