$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Bozeman, MT 59715
Industry: Information Technology•
5 - 7 years
Posted 63 days ago
System Administrator 4-IT-19000Y2J
The Systems Administrator's role is to install, configure, maintain, automate, tune, and optimize Linux systems servers and other infrastructure components for Production, Pre-production and Demo pods of the Oracle Service Cloud environment.
Responsibilities of this role are to install and configure linux servers in the environment, automate the administration of the services running in the environment, and to troubleshoot issues as they arise.
· Install Linux on multiple servers using PXE boot or kickstart. Develop automation within the environment to ease administration and to keep the services secure.
· Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database administration functions to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of Linux systems to meet business demands.
· Document servers and services within the environment
· Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems.
· Define and perform system backups and recovery procedures.
· Monitor and test system power usage and provide reports on power consumption.
· Recommend and execute modifications to Linux systems in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
· Follow corporate and datacenter policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure Linux system security.
· Conduct research on Linux-related hardware and software in support of procurement and system development efforts.
· Review and implement new Linux system releases and vendor supplied patches.
· Develop and maintain Linux training materials and systems documentation.
· College diploma or university degree in the field of business information systems a plus or three years equivalent work experience.
· Certifications in Windows or Linux a plus, but not required.
· Specific knowledge of Linux OS platform(s) required.
· Familiarity with TCP/IP protocols, firewalls, and database administration.
· Good technical knowledge of current network hardware and standards, including Fibre channel.
· Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
· Strong understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Ability to conduct research into Linux issues and products as required.
· Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
· Highly self motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Responsible for creating and implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliablility of the system. Manage the load configurations of a central data communication processor and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks. Coordinate terminal orders and cable installation, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing. Approves action requests and specifies purchase requisitions. Negotiates and places orders with common carriers. May play a team leader role for developing System Administrators.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Eight years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
Valid Through: 2019-9-13